How an idea becomes a course
Each semester members of the curriculum committee solicit course proposals from new and returning instructors. We welcome suggestions for new instructors from members of Coastal Senior College and are always looking for new and interesting topics. Instructors submit proposals, including course title and description, minimum and maximum class sizes, and preferred location. After the proposals are reviewed and accepted, the real work begins. The committee tries to balance courses between Knox and Lincoln counties and to find suitable locations. When all of these steps have been completed, the catalog is prepared.
Catalog course descriptions are being revised to clarify registration procedures.
- Class limits will be included in all course descriptions. These limits are based on instructors’ requests and the maximum number the room can accommodate
- Registrations may be made by mail, by phone, or in person at URock. Phone registrations must be paid for by credit card. Registrations begin on the date given in the catalog and are accepted in the order received.
- When course limits are reached, further requests will be placed on a wait list. A week or so before classes begin, instructors will receive both a class list and, if a class is filled, the number of students on the wait list. Instructors will then decide whether they wish to accept additional students . The instructor will notify URock whether or not additional students may be added to his or her course.
- When there is a long wait list, the instructor will be encouraged to teach the class again. If you are on a wait list, you will not be admitted to the class. If the instructor decides to admit those on the wait list, you will be notified.
- If registrations do not meet the class minimum, instructors will decide whether or not to cancel the class. If the class is cancelled, registrants will be notified and the registration fee will be refunded.
If you wish to teach or volunteer, contact Paul Somoza at firstname.lastname@example.org