Serving mid-coast Maine from Wiscasset to Camden, Coastal Senior College (CSC) provides intellectual stimulation and good company through classes and special events for seniors in Lincoln and Knox counties. Volunteer-driven and managed, CSC is part of Maine’s growing Maine Senior College Network affiliated with Campuses and Outreach Centers of the University of Maine System.
Highly knowledgeable instructors lead classes that typically meet for two hours during the week, usually for a full eight-week semester, which should allow you to fit at least one class into your schedule. There are no grades, exams, or term papers required!
Special events, forums, lectures, and field trips are also offered to CSC members throughout the year, often noted in one of our e-newsletters. Additional benefits of CSC membership include the opportunity to join the governing board, the operating committees, and volunteer opportunities such as planning special events, assisting instructors, and helping with office tasks.
Senior College is open to all seniors 50 years of age or more, and to their spouses or partners, who value education and have inquiring minds.
Coastal Senior College is located at 91 Camden Street, Suite 402 in Rockland, Maine, on the fourth floor of the Breakwater Building in Rockland at the home of University College facilities at Rockland (URock). Click here for directions.
Fall 2014 Adventures
Click on a selection to see more information
- Writers’ Group, Muth
- Triumph and Tragedy of Israel, Shaw
- The Challenge of Change, Lavertu
- CSC Coffeehouse, Newman & Muth
- Augustine: Awesome or Awful, Stuhlman
- Dark Side of the Renaissance, Blaisdell
- Memoir Writing, Janover
- The Unreal World of North Korea, MacIntyre
- The Big Bomber: Dickens’s Bleak House, Ward &Ward
- The World’s Greatest Short Stories, LeGendre
- Good and Evil in Philosophy, Literature, History and Today’s World, Frost
- Faces and Phases of Art, Pimentel
- Religion: Looking in from the Outside, Somoza
- Gathering the Story You Have Within You, Dashiell
- The Great American Songbook, Randall
- Reptiles and Amphibians & Coastal Glacial Geology, Gray
- Architecture of the Midcoast, Glass & Shettleworth
- Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, Winkes