Highly knowledgeable instructors lead classes that typically meet for two hours during the week, usually for a full eight-week semester, which should allow you to fit at least one class into your schedule. There are no grades, exams, or term papers required!
Special events, forums, lectures, and field trips are also offered to CSC members throughout the year, often noted in one of our e-newsletters. Additional benefits of CSC membership include the opportunity to join the governing board, the operating committees, and volunteer opportunities such as planning special events, assisting instructors, and helping with office tasks.
Senior College is open to all seniors 50 years of age or more, and to their spouses or partners, who value education and have inquiring minds.
The Coastal Senior College business office is located at 91 Camden Street, Suite 402 in Rockland, Maine, on the fourth floor of the Breakwater Building in Rockland at the home of University College facilities at Rockland (URock). Click here for directions.
Fall, 2015 Adventures
Registration began August 3
Click on a selection to see more information
Click here for information about signing up
- Environmental Law and Policy Choices Facing Maine, Rockwood
- Shakespeare In and On Love, Schramm
- What’s Your Favorite Hymn?, Wynne
- Early Celtic Spirituality in Ireland, Shriver Full
- Handmade I, Winkes
- Jane Austen For Adults I, M. Ward
- Jane Austen For Adults II, the Sequel, J. Ward
- The Life and Legacy of Frances Perkins, Sprague and Chaney
- Memoir Writing: Finding your Story, Janover Full
- Drugs: Miraculous, Misuse, Abuse, Addiction and America’s Longest War, Smith
- Psyche Remembers It Well, a Memoir Writing Class, Atwell
- Let’s Write More Memoirs!, Dashiell
Exotic Jewish Communities, ShawCancelled
- Our Towns, MacKenzie and Welt
- Ocean Motion Notions, Farwell
- Changing the Paradigm:
Problem Solving and Systemic Change Modeled on Nature, Kando
- Italy in the Kitchen, Randall Full
- How the Modern Documentary Can Shape the Public Mind, Solomon
CSC Enrollment Record
Fall, 2014 set a record for the total number of members enrolled in CSC courses. It was also the first time we have had two classes at the same time with about 50 students each.
Where do Courses Come From?
The Curriculum Committee is responsible for the quality of our classes and is always on the lookout for new instructors with new subjects. Here is the story of one course. If you know someone with expertise and passion for a subject who may be interested in teaching for CSC, please contact a member of the curriculum committee. For more information about teaching for CSC, click here. For a summary of the Curriculum Committee process, please click here.